• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Learning precision

#1 User is offline   plagijator 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2010-November-13, 12:04

Hi, there!

I would like to start using Precision Club (or some kind of Strong Club system, instead of SAYC I'm currently using). The major problem is - too many artificial bids! It's not easy to learn all of them (not to mention that both partners should use the same asking bid at once :) ).

Is there any Precision-stye bidding system that does not use so many asking/relay bids? It's ok to use some conventions but, in general, bidding should be natural.

If so, can You provide me a link to a site about the system?

Regards.
[and sorry about my bad English]

#2 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2010-November-13, 12:36

You might do better looking at Polish Club...
Alderaan delenda est

#3 User is offline   plagijator 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2010-November-13, 13:11

I looked at it. Theres 2 things I dislike: Confusing 1 opening and wider point range for 1/1 openings.
A hybrid WJ/precision system will be interesting. :)

However, I will take another look at WJ. Thanks for reply.

#4 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-November-13, 13:56

You can play Precision with natural bidding, you don't have to use asking bids or relays.

Do you have Berkowitz/Manley's "Precision Today"? It sounds like it would be suitable for you.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#5 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2010-November-15, 07:41

I recently started playing precision with a regular partner of mine, and we decided to start pretty simple.

We don't have any asking bid after the 1 opening, use our 1NT and 2NT structures after 1-1NT and 1-2NT responses. We haven't played an enormous amount of boards yet, but it works pretty ok so far.

After 1 openings we use XYZ.

After 1M openings we recycled parts of our previous 1M structure with some GF relays.

It works just fine, although we realize we'll need to work on it in certain areas.
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#6 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2010-November-15, 16:11

Remember that no matter what version of Strong Club you learn, you will need 3 systems:
1) bidding after not-1C openers (you can use all of your Standard stuff, but that isn't taking full advantage of the limit openers - remember, they're the plus of the system, not the strong club)
2) bidding after 1C-pass (I don't play natural right now, but there's nothing really wrong with it; and I teach it)
3) bidding after 1C-not pass.

2) is by far the least frequent, and least useful, but most spectacular, and possibly most fun; of those three systems.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users