Hand we messed up 2 forcing passes

#1 User is offline   Free 

• mmm Duvel
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Duvel, Whisky

Posted 2010-November-15, 08:16

vs good opps.

After the first forcing pass, I didn't have much interest in playing a contract and I was happy to defend. Partner however showed a SI with a good suit.

I had a good hand, I had a honour, so I decided to bid on. Not sure what my partner is looking for and suggesting an alternative trump suit I just bid my good s. Do you agree with this?

Now LHO bid 5 (having a laugh) and partner made another forcing pass! Since I didn't have a control it looked to me like slam was far away, so I doubled again. Do you agree?

Now partner bid 5, again showing slam interest. What is he showing and what is his problem (if he has any)? What would you do now?
"It may be rude to leave to go to the bathroom, but it's downright stupid to sit there and piss yourself" - blackshoe

#2 User is offline   kayin801 

• Modern Day Trebuchet Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2010-November-15, 09:31

Agree with your bidding thus far, though sometimes partner has a spade single suiter with short clubs and we don't have a way to use our clubs if we play in spades and a heart is led. This is maybe unlikely based on the bidding though?

If we assume partner has his bid, then 5NT as pick-a-slam comes to mind (surely this can't be some sort of grand try given we limited our hand with our opening and tried to sign off or penalize them 3 times)

Clearly partner has Qxxxxxxx in spades and out though :P
I once yelled at my partner for discarding the 'wrong' card when he was subjected to a squeeze that I allowed by giving the wrong count with too high a card. Now he's allowed to pitch aces when the opponents have the king in the dummy. At trick 2. When he could have followed suit. And blame me.

East4Evil sohcahtoa 4ever!!!!!1

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users