Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

filling out convention cards

#1 User is offline   straube 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-March-01, 15:35

The ACBL convention cards leave only a small box for both 1C and 1D openings. As we play them both artificial (club is strong and we use relay responses), we have very different responses than such things as "single raise forcing". We need a lot more room. How do others solve this problem? Is there a card editor that will let you expand that box?

#2 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-March-01, 17:27

Lee Edwards' editor (the "official" ACBL editor) will let you do that, up to a point. Don't forget though that ACBL regs require any modified card to "substantially resemble" the official unmodified card. One thing that should be okay is to erase everything in that area and put in your own stuff, assuming you can get it to fit.

I know folks around here who use a spreadsheet to produce their own custom cards - while remaining at least close to the official layout.

Last thing: while the editor will let you do what you want, it's not very user friendly for that. Which, I suppose, is why folks turn to spreadsheets.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users