Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unplayed Boards Why does this happen?

#1 User is offline   awm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-March-26, 10:34

Whenever I play a bunch of boards at a table, it seems like most of the boards we play have been played many times before when we score them up. However, there always seems to be one board where we are the first to play it and there are no comparisons. No big surprise I guess, because someone has to be first to play the board.

What's weird is, often we will continue playing for an hour or two, and a bunch of results will come in on the various boards that we played subsequent to our result. But the one board that we were first to play never gets any comparisons during the session. If I come back and check a day or two later the board will be fully played though.

It appears that there are a lot of boards that get played once, then don't get played again for several hours, then get played a bunch until the score table fills up. Whereas after the "second time played" the score table fills up quickly.

I don't know that this is really a problem, although it's occasionally annoying that some board effectively doesn't get scored at all for a couple hours of play (in case you want to know which pair "won" your game in the main bridge club). It just seems like funny behavior from the software.
Adam W. Meyerson
a.k.a. Appeal Without Merit

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-March-26, 15:55

It also appears to me that, if I leave my table before anyone else has played the hand, the hand does not get included in "my hands".

#3 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-March-28, 10:22

Adam, could you have hit "reset scores" before checking the "other hand results" or before the other hands were played?
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#4 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2011-March-28, 10:36

View PostRain, on 2011-March-28, 10:22, said:

Adam, could you have hit "reset scores" before checking the "other hand results" or before the other hands were played?

I see this from time to time too, rain. And I pretty much never press reset scores.
--Ben--

#5 User is offline   awm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-March-30, 14:02

View Postinquiry, on 2011-March-28, 10:36, said:

I see this from time to time too, rain. And I pretty much never press reset scores.

Yes, this happens within one session with one foursome at the table. I didn't hit reset scores.
Adam W. Meyerson
a.k.a. Appeal Without Merit

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users