Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fun hand

#1 User is offline   rduran1216 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2011-June-09, 20:44

I got to turn the dummy watching partner play 1NT by East.

First Four tricks

10,4,7,A

Now what?
Aaron Jones Unit 557

www.longbeachbridge.com

#2 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2011-June-09, 21:43

to hand and play , if you win this trick qwack a . If u lose to RHO u are screwed up anyway, if LHO takes his Ace of (he will do it only if 4-1 ) you are in mercy of defense pretty much.

Did your pd come to hand with A and hypnotized them ?
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#3 User is offline   rduran1216 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-09, 21:48

View PostMrAce, on 2011-June-09, 21:43, said:

to hand and play , if you win this trick qwack a . If u lose to RHO u are screwed up anyway,

when you play a spade to hand, next trick goes 6,A,5,J
Aaron Jones Unit 557

www.longbeachbridge.com

#4 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-09, 21:57

View Postrduran1216, on 2011-June-09, 21:48, said:

Then South should have ducked...now we can win any return and finesse the J of clubs for 3 club tricks, 2 spade tricks, 2 heart tricks, and a diamond for 8 tricks. WTP?

If south had ducked this second club, then I'd be probably dead in the water.

Edit: As noted by rduran below, We cannot run clubs at this point...disregard the above.

This post has been edited by BunnyGo: 2011-June-09, 22:12

Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#5 User is offline   rduran1216 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-09, 22:09

View PostBunnyGo, on 2011-June-09, 21:57, said:

Then South should have ducked...now we can win any return and finesse the J of clubs for 3 club tricks, 2 spade tricks, 2 heart tricks, and a diamond for 8 tricks. WTP?

If south had ducked this second club, then I'd be probably dead in the water.

dummy has Q8x declarer has x and South holds J9, K of hearts is knocked out, how exactly is declarer getting 3 clubs?
Aaron Jones Unit 557

www.longbeachbridge.com

#6 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-09, 22:12

View Postrduran1216, on 2011-June-09, 22:09, said:

dummy has Q8x declarer has x and South holds J9, K of hearts is knocked out, how exactly is declarer getting 3 clubs?

Very easily if one thinks that the 9 is in dummy and the 8 in South's hand. :ph34r:
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#7 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2011-June-09, 22:32

View Postrduran1216, on 2011-June-09, 21:48, said:

Its not my turn to play unfortunately, when LHO holds with A. I cant think of an imaginative line except than the one i already said to be honest.
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#8 User is offline   rduran1216 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-09, 22:42

declarer has 3 tricks and J9 club sits in south.
Aaron Jones Unit 557

www.longbeachbridge.com

#9 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2011-June-10, 00:21

View Postrduran1216, on 2011-June-09, 22:42, said:

declarer has 3 tricks and J9 club sits in south.

Yes, and the point is ? Am i missing something ? It is South's turn to play and i cant play for him, even if i could i dunno what he has except than QT92 and AJ9x , i assume he will play at some point, it seems like we cant make it. If 4-2 he will play back a now, if 3-3 he will play a

I don't understand the question.

By the way, in OP trick 2 can not be correct, u show 6 in declarer's hand but drop it from South in first play.

#10 User is offline   rduran1216 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-10, 00:40

View PostMrAce, on 2011-June-10, 00:21, said:

Yes, and the point is ? Am i missing something ? It is South's turn to play and i cant play for him, even if i could i dunno what he has except than QT92 and AJ9x , i assume he will play at some point, it seems like we cant make it.

I don't understand the question.

By the way, in OP trick 2 can not be correct, u show 6 in declarer's hand but drop it from South in first play.

North is 4441.

it got to being that on the last 3 cards it looked like

give or take the low spots which ive done a poor job keeping track of. East scored 3 spades 2 hearts a club and a diamond.
Aaron Jones Unit 557

www.longbeachbridge.com

#11 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2011-June-10, 01:22

View Postrduran1216, on 2011-June-10, 00:40, said:

North is 4441.

it got to being that on the last 3 cards it looked like

give or take the low spots which ive done a poor job keeping track of. East scored 3 spades 2 hearts a club and a diamond.

West has 4 cards and other have 3 card left in this diagram.

How can it come to this position ? I can defeat this 1 NT easily when i am in with Ace. You can not make it bro. I dunno how your pd managed to come to this position, but indeed its a cute position to end up. He cant come to this position without defense screwing up though.

#12 User is offline   rduran1216 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-June-10, 01:28

View PostMrAce, on 2011-June-10, 01:22, said:

West has 4 cards and other have 3 card left in this diagram.

How can it come to this position ? I can defeat this 1 NT easily when i am in with Ace. You can not make it bro. I dunno how your pd managed to come to this position, but indeed its a cute position to end up. He cant come to this position without defense screwing up though.

haha i keep trying to make it work.

North ended up holding his high diamond and 2 spades, so the lead to the club forced him to ditch the spade guard. Im sure the defense screwed up, but it was a very strong player sitting north who screwed up the distribution on spades and diamonds. It seemed like East's ability to pitch after North set up the "pseudo" squeeze.
Aaron Jones Unit 557

www.longbeachbridge.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users