BBO Discussion Forums: A new endeavor: wish me luck! - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A new endeavor: wish me luck!

#1 User is offline   S2000magic 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:magic, horseback riding, hiking, camping, F1 racing, bridge, mathematics, finance, teaching

Posted 2011-November-11, 08:17

I just signed up to try out for the US TREC team.

TREC is a multi-discipline equestrian competition that began in France and is quite popular throughout Europe; it's just begun to filter in to the US. It involves orienteering, endurance riding, controlled riding, and navigating an obstacle course.

The US is putting together a team to compete in the world championship in Portugal next September.

Frankly, I'd suspect that they'll get a lot of people with a lot more experience that I have, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Maybe I'll be selected as team magician, in charge of entertainment, morale, and camaraderie.

BCIII

"If you're driving [the Honda S2000] with the top up, the storm outside had better have a name."

Simplify the complicated side; don't complify the simplicated side.

#2 User is offline   PassedOut 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Music, films, computer programming, politics, bridge

Posted 2011-November-11, 09:46

View PostS2000magic, on 2011-November-11, 08:17, said:

I just signed up to try out for the US TREC team.

TREC is a multi-discipline equestrian competition that began in France and is quite popular throughout Europe; it's just begun to filter in to the US. It involves orienteering, endurance riding, controlled riding, and navigating an obstacle course.

Sounds like a fascinating competition!

My wife and I enjoyed orienteering long ago (before GPS, and before kids changed our lives). And we took our kids with us to some equestrian events at the Olympics, which were fun for all of us to watch. Good luck with your tryout!
The growth of wisdom may be gauged exactly by the diminution of ill temper. — Friedrich Nietzsche
The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists — that is why they invented hell. — Bertrand Russell

#3 User is offline   y66 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-November-11, 11:12

Good luck S!

I've never ridden a horse. But I have done some orienteering which I learned from a Swedish au pair who once blew away the field in a local Marine competition. That was fun.
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#4 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2011-November-12, 12:53

Terrific! sounds like a lot of fun as well as challenging. Best of luck!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users