Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Too much private chat in lobby

#1 User is offline   UdcaDenny 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-February-04, 21:55

There is too much private chat in lobby. This has been going on since BBO started and its strange that nothing has been done to improve this. Players think they chat with a partner and dont know it goes to the lobby. Sometimes you see highly personal chat that would make the messanger very embarrased if he/she knew all can see it. When you click on chat button a big label shud come up telling where this chat is going, to lobby or direct to a private person. That would help keeping private chat private.

#2 User is offline   RunemPard 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge...some other things too I suppose.

Posted 2013-February-05, 02:47

LOL! Last night I saw a message from some lady telling someone that they cannot continue like this while he still has feelings for another woman. It was almost as entertaining as Jerry Springer IMHO.
The American Swede of BBF...I eat my meatballs with blueberries, okay?
Junior - Always looking for new partners to improve my play with..I have my fair share of brilliancy and blunders.

"Did your mother really marry a Mr Head and name her son Richard?" - jillybean

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-February-05, 10:15

UdcaDenny, on 2013-February-04, 21:55, said:

There is too much private chat in lobby. This has been going on since BBO started and its strange that nothing has been done to improve this.

The chat interface was completely redesigned in the web version. And until yesterday, it didn't even have lobby chat. How is that "nothing has been done"?

We stopped making changes to the windows version years ago, so no improvements should be expected there.

#4 User is offline   UdcaDenny 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-05, 21:40

barmar, on 2013-February-05, 10:15, said:

The chat interface was completely redesigned in the web version. And until yesterday, it didn't even have lobby chat. How is that "nothing has been done"?

We stopped making changes to the windows version years ago, so no improvements should be expected there.

I prefer the downloaded version. For instance to go to this Forum in the onlineversion I first must log out. Also I dont see how to make teammatches in that version. Maybe its possible but I only see that you can open a table with 4 players.

#5 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2013-February-05, 21:49

UdcaDenny, on 2013-February-05, 21:40, said:

I prefer the downloaded version. For instance to go to this Forum in the onlineversion I first must log out.

You do know that you can open more than one window at a time...
Alderaan delenda est

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-February-06, 12:30

UdcaDenny, on 2013-February-05, 21:40, said:

I prefer the downloaded version. For instance to go to this Forum in the onlineversion I first must log out.

As hrothgar said, all web browsers allow you to open multiple windows, and all versions from the past 4-5 years also have tabs (I think they were added to Internet Explorer in version 7). To open a new tab, click on the button to the right of the current tab title.

Also I dont see how to make teammatches in that version. Maybe its possible but I only see that you can open a table with 4 players.

List All Tables -> Team Matches -> Create Team Match

I admit it's not the most obvious path. If you go into the Help system, and select About Team Games, it explains this.

#7 User is offline   UdcaDenny 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-06, 22:10

barmar, on 2013-February-06, 12:30, said:

As hrothgar said, all web browsers allow you to open multiple windows, and all versions from the past 4-5 years also have tabs (I think they were added to Internet Explorer in version 7). To open a new tab, click on the button to the right of the current tab title.

List All Tables -> Team Matches -> Create Team Match

I admit it's not the most obvious path. If you go into the Help system, and select About Team Games, it explains this.

#8 User is offline   UdcaDenny 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2013-February-06, 22:15

I just found out how to set up teammatches and as you said its not obvious. Why not make it easier to find, cannot be so difficult for a skilled programmer. Also I noticed I have to type the names of players which is not needed in old version. So I will wait for improvement in web version.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users