Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fouled Movement

#1 User is offline   G_R__E_G 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-May-09, 08:54

I've been directing in our club for about four years now and Monday was the first time I've ever had to use the EDMOV command in ACBLScore to fix an issue. I was just hoping to get some feedback as to whether I did the correct thing or not. For the record, I wasn't directing, I was just there to play but of course the director was quick to pass over the reins when the real fun began.

Believe it or not, this is what happened....

We had 15 1/2 tables so we played a N/S bump. The bumping pair wrote down their assignments but managed to miss a table in their list, so from the 7th round onwards they were bumping the wrong pair. To make matters worse (and add to the craziness) they actually managed to play boards 7 & 8 twice, once in round 7 and once in round 11. What I was able to do was to have the game stop after 12 rounds instead of the 13 that we were going to play. I used EDMOV to change it so that the movement matched what actually took place. The only problem was that because the bumpers played two boards twice it was a non-allowed movement. The EDMOV however did allow me to save it anyways. I then went in and gave the bumpers AVE- for those two boards the second time they played them and gave the pair they played them against an AVE+. Seem reasonable?
Visit my club website www.midlanddbc.com

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-May-10, 03:21

Yes, except for the Ave-. A pair cannot have two separate scores for the same board -- the second time should have simply been cancelled.

Next time the director should tell everyone, particularly the rover, to check the Bridgemates before playing any boards.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-May-10, 07:11

View PostVampyr, on 2012-May-10, 03:21, said:

Yes, except for the Ave-. A pair cannot have two separate scores for the same board -- the second time should have simply been cancelled.

Next time the director should tell everyone, particularly the rover, to check the Bridgemates before playing any boards.

Assuming you're using Bridgemates. OTOH, if you're not, a competent TD gives the rover pair a guide card telling them what table to go to in each round, and they should be sure to check that.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2012-May-10, 09:50

It sounds like they did have a guide card, but misread it. Maybe they crossed off an extra line after one of the rounds.

Our director usually warns pairs when they're about to be bumped. So if the rover showed up at the wrong table, someone would notice.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users