BBO Discussion Forums: Suggestion - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestion

#1 User is offline   Quantumcat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Archery, classical guitar, piano, watercolour painting, programming, french

Posted 2012-August-19, 20:35

I think it would be a great idea for kibitzers to be able to rate commentators. After a while commentators would have ranks, and you can make sure to put the best/most popular commentators into the more important matches. The rankings don't have to be generally known, just used when deciding who to send to which table.

For instance I was watching a match recently, and one of the voice commentators didn't really know what was going on, said wrong things and kept talking over the top of the good commentator.

And then on another occasion there were two really good commentators at one table (one of the less important ones), but it wasn't the table I wanted to watch, so I had a conflict on whether to listen to good quality commentary or watch the big table.

Does this sound at all possible? It could be done very simply by having a weekly/monthly anonymous poll on the forums asking people to vote for their favourite commentator. But you should probably give Larry Cohen a provisional ranking of infinity and not add him to the list otherwise the poll won't be very informative, everyone will just vote for him :-P If it were advertised at the end of matches on BBO, it would also be a way of getting more people to use the forums too.
I Transfers

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users