• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mandatory Falsecarding may expand into randomising if there is interest

#41 User is offline   ggwhiz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2012-October-31, 20:57

I had mercifully forgotten that the first time I got to apply the "play the card you are known to have" declarer lead low to the AQX and won the Queen. I had started with Kxx.

They returned to hand, led another one, I played the King and pard dropped the now stiff Jack. Thanks for reminding me :blink:
When a deaf person goes to court is it still called a hearing?
What is baby oil made of?

#42 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2012-October-31, 21:04

On defence: declarer pulls off a strip and endplay and holds the equivalent of A109 opposite Kxx and your side has QJxxxx. You have to break the suit, holding any of Qxx Jxx or QJx.

From either of Qxx or Jxx you must lead the honour, and from QJx, you should randomize your honour lead.

Not sure if this holding fits the thread.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#43 User is offline   mikeh 

• Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2012-October-31, 21:11

When holding J9xx with the opps holding say A8xx in dummy, to your right, and KQ10x in hand (akin to the B1/B2 positions in OP) if declarer leads the K from hand, and partner follows low, you play the 9 to create the losing option, as OP suggested. However, declarer should always go to dummy first, in another suit, and lead from dummy. You play the 9, and partner will occasionally play the stiff 10.

I thought I'd post that as a counter to what is now a very well-known falsecard...indeed, if as declarer you hold KQ7x opposite dummy's A8xx, and have a knowledgable rho, always start, if possible, with low from dummy.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#44 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2012-November-01, 06:29

View PostFluffy, on 2012-October-31, 04:47, said:

Sometimes covering catters for both holdings

Yes, in my case covering could not have cost.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users