BBO Discussion Forums: 1Nt-2C-2D-2NT (promise a 4M) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1Nt-2C-2D-2NT (promise a 4M) weak doubleton.

#1 User is offline   benlessard 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:All games. i really mean all of them.

Posted 2012-August-20, 11:08

1Nt-2C-2D-2NT (INV & promise a 4M)

opener is maximum but has a weak doubleton (Jx or less) should he just blast to 3Nt and give no information or have some gadget to try to play in 43 or even stop before game in a 53 in 3m.

I think of something like

3C= 3325
3D= 3352
3H= 23??
3S= 32??

responder can pass bid or bid game in multiple denomination. Maybe the 3m are worthwhile while the 3M are giving away too much information.
From Psych "I mean, Gus and I never see eye-to-eye on work stuff.
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."

#2 User is offline   awm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-August-20, 11:19

Seems like this is usually giving too much info...

Sam and I do play in this auction that a 3c rebid by opener asks further description. This is better in that responder (who will normally be dummy) is doing the telling; however we use this as a singleton ask rather than looking for weak double tons.
Adam W. Meyerson
a.k.a. Appeal Without Merit

#3 User is offline   mfa1010 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-August-20, 12:10

View Postawm, on 2012-August-20, 11:19, said:

Sam and I do play in this auction that a 3c rebid by opener asks further description. This is better in that responder (who will normally be dummy) is doing the telling; however we use this as a singleton ask rather than looking for weak double tons.

My partner and I made the same agreement about 10 years ago after a 3N 'disaster' where we were on for some minor suit contract I can't remember now.

But the silly thing is that neither of us has used the 3 gadget even once since. :D
Michael Askgaard

#4 User is offline   gnasher 

• Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2012-August-20, 12:21

Just bid game. For each deal where you win the "best bid hand" prize, there will be another ten where you help the defenders to beat a contract that would otherwise have made.

That's especially true in a sequence like this where you have only just the values for game. 4-3 fits and five-level contracts usually need extra values.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users