• You cannot reply to this topic

Double fit

#21 User is offline   Codo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:games and sports, esp. bridge,chess and (beach-)volleyball

Posted 2012-November-01, 05:13

4 ,
Kens reasons are good but will you really sell out to 4 ? And if you don't, you better bid 4 now, not later.
Kind Regards

Roland

Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...

#22 User is offline   kenrexford 

• Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2012-November-01, 07:45

View Postgnasher, on 2012-November-01, 05:10, said:

What would you do if you were bidding 4 to make and wanted to involve partner in any decision over 5?

To some degree, all calls help this cause. 4 shows a 4 call with diamond support also; 4 shows a 4 call with diamond shortness; and 4 shows a 4 call with club shortness. These should help partner decide.

But, I also would have a difference between 4 and 3NT. 4 shows a get-to-4-quick hand, while 3NT is delayed and hence ongoing, with no side-suit inferences stated. In a sense, 3NT is the "power raise" in the same sense that many play 2NT in competition as a stronger raise of the suit opened than bidding three of the suit. In those parallel situations, a cuebid also usually shows a power raise, admittedly. But, I need a way to stress "trumps," anf the 4 cue sounds more like "trumps" than 3NT to me.
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users