Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

General Approach

#1 User is offline   Lakeskippy 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-January-12, 10:55

Here is a suggestion that you might want to incorporate in future releases.

When playing in a pairs game, there are boxes at the bottom of the screen that say N/S Conv Card and E/W Conv Card. That's OK, but how about going 1 step further and saying.

N/S Precision and E/W SAYC

To help us players QUICKLY know what are opponents are -playing. Today there are too many steps and because it is speed ball I hardly ever open their convention card until I have uncertain bids. Then I take the time to open it and see what they play.

In a normal duplicate game where we have 7 minutes there is no problem looking at the opponents convention card, but speed ball changes all that. This information might help all the players.

Lakeskippy

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-January-12, 22:38

Good idea. But how long does it really take to glance at the CC that pops up to see what it says in the General Approach line? 5 second, 10 at most. Even in a speedball that's not going to be significant.

#3 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-January-13, 09:21

You can tell your opponents, hello, a summary of your CC - style, carding, in just a couple mouse clicks using the chat manager feature. Just store in it what you want. Click, click, click.. You have told them what they should know.

It would be rude of them not to reply in kind.

If they asked how you typed it so fast..You can store:
[HowTo] [My BBO..., Chat Manager...]
As a stored chat.

Would it be nice if BBO identified what software the players are using at the table? IMO - yes. It could show old, new, mobile. Then you could even pick the right directions. Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users