Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

disagreement on final contract

#1 User is offline   mangurian 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-February-22, 16:39

After the bidding had concluded at 4 spades, all bidding cards were returned to the boxes and north said: "4 spades by south" as the contract was entered into the Bridgemate. East says "it was doubled." N/S state they saw all pass cards and no double card. E/w disagree. How is this resolved?

Is the situation addressed in the Laws?

Thanks,

#2 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-February-22, 17:26

Law 85, mostly - call the TD and let him sort it out. He will probably go through the auction again, and we'll be able to see it. He may also discuss things away from the table with hands. My bet is that at least one someone was using the "pick up cards = pass" method, and someone else was using "the auction's over, I'm picking up my cards" method, and the two are being conflated.

But it's also likely that "we knew this would be doubled, so it was", but the "doubler" actually put out a pass card. Now, depending on where the auction actually got to - note the "pick up = pass" above - we may be able to replace the unintended call (Law 25A) or not (so sorry, you should pay attention).

But it's the TDs job to rule on disputed facts, so get him over to do his job!
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#3 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-February-22, 22:56

How is this resolved?

When we stop using tables and cards and bidding boxes.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users