BBO Discussion Forums: GIBBOlicious Double-licious virgos REALLY rock!! - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIBBOlicious Double-licious virgos REALLY rock!! GIBidding

#1 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-December-11, 09:10

Well, well, well. GIBBO's double showed 12 hcp. Has 8 HCP. I almost passed and then said wait a minute.
1. GIBBO's 5H was superfast.
2. My GIBBO does not have more than 2H therefore has hidden clubs. May have D BUT the 5H by opp GIBBO very fast.
3. My GIBBO does not have 5S. So 4S, 2H or less, 7 in cl and diamonds.

I sat there and sat there and said enough and bid 5S. Winning decision as it turned out.

your thoughts?

vrock

#2 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-December-11, 16:43

I'm fairly sure GIB doesn't give unauthorised information by varying its tempo. Why can't East be 4243 shape? Pulling was somewhat lucky, switch the 9 and T and it would be the losing call (5H and 5S would both go down).
Wayne Somerville

#3 User is offline   virgosrock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-December-11, 19:08

View Postmanudude03, on 2017-December-11, 16:43, said:

I'm fairly sure GIB doesn't give unauthorised information by varying its tempo. Why can't East be 4243 shape? Pulling was somewhat lucky, switch the 9 and T and it would be the losing call (5H and 5S would both go down).

I have noticed and have been planning to write about GIBBO's tempo. ANother situation is you open a weak 2. GIBBO's quick pass is usually a stiff. With or without intervention.
Another tempo issue comes up when it has length in opps suit. It is definitely noticeable.
Yes, pulling was lucky. And there is the matter of 12 HCP(GIBlurb) vs. 8 HCP.
A burnt child......

vrock

#4 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2017-December-11, 19:50

Surely the only time GIB would vary its tempo is when it's running a simulation vs not running a simulation, which is nothing to do with the hand it has, just based the auction prior to that. Anything else will just be due to lag (and confirmation bias :P).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users