• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Connection lost very frequently Technical support

#41 User is offline   jazou 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-13, 13:24

View PostDaveRolyat, on 2021-March-12, 06:17, said:

I had exactly this problem - BBO dropping me from tournaments every 20-30mins and no other internet issues.

I am using a DLink Powerline Adapter from my router to my PC and this seemed to have a role in the problem, because if I used a long Ethernet cable instead, it was fine.

To solve it I had to use a script that starts on my PC at login and pings the router continually.

Of course I have no idea why this works, or why it only affects BBO.

Instructions from:

https://www.youtube....h?v=Al3kwmfzsOQ

I played 2 sessions of 2 hours and got 0 deconnection, running with Linux : ping -v 192.168.1.254 (my server address). Maybe it is a solution? Could such a request be added to the BBO software?

#42 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-March-17, 23:19

View Postjazou, on 2021-March-13, 13:24, said:

I played 2 sessions of 2 hours and got 0 deconnection, running with Linux : ping -v 192.168.1.254 (my server address). Maybe it is a solution? Could such a request be added to the BBO software?

I'm pretty sure it's not possible for a browser application to do this.

It's also quite unusual that you need to do this in the first place, I doubt it would be a useful addition even if we could.

#43 User is offline   paharry 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-March-25, 04:25

admin reply is very shocking and ignorant of their end users.

A lot of users do not complain, just get on with. They are use to :-

1. As BBO is starting the tournament the player has to click and move between different tabs to wave at BBO - look i'm here please do not drop me
2. BBO dropping their internet connection. The TD then will make sure they get re-seated as soon as BBO picks up their connection again. They may have to log in and and out to get BBo attention again. This can happen several times a session.

All because these folks are either using 4G or have 2nd rate home internet with contention and occasionally longer than latency than the BBO servers tolerance!

All you testing is obviously in a lab with lightly loaded networks. Try it in the real world in less than ideal internet connections!

Be careful when you make adlib comments !

Now we have new features like voice and video. May i be so bold as to suggest to get the main part working first! Also allow a separate CSV file of handicaps to be apply to the results for mix ability clubs

#44 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-March-28, 21:31

BBO doesn't have a "lab with lightly loaded networks". Most of us work from home, we're just using our home Internet connections.

#45 User is offline   Peter_f 

• PipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, bike, billards, beer & running

Posted 2021-April-24, 02:14

Since the last updates I have difficulties reading BBO mail in the morning hours (central Europe, Greenwich +2).
Playing is fine, but mail and profiles load _very_ slowly or not at all.
The mail rectangle appears, but without text, and even the symbols (close, delete, open in new window) don't show up, same with the BBO point symbol in profiles.

It looks like the routing to that server is still sleeping :) Later in the day everything works as expected.

#46 User is offline   fromageGB 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-April-24, 11:31

View Postjazou, on 2021-March-13, 13:24, said:

Can you clarify, please? Are you saying you have a separate window open in which you frequently ping your router? That will have no affect on the BBO connection, which is contacting the ISP IP address. The address you quote is just the local interconnection.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users