Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hilarious robot bidding Entirely my fault

#1 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-08, 04:05

There isn't a place for silly bridge hands so I'm putting it here. Since I know that the robot cannot by definition, have more HCP than me in 'a best-hand' tournament this disaster was entirely my own making. I was caught between a rock and a hard place and decided - idiotically - 'to trust my partner' as you will see the robot (I have renamed it Golgotha) is telling me that it has 20+ HCP. Yes I know, The system card says at the top:
"
In general, the GIB robots on BBO use the 2/1 system described below. You can click on any of GIB's bids for an explanation, and pause your mouse over a bid you plan on making to see how it will understand it. Please drop us a line at support@bridgebase.com if you spot any errors in this document." Please let know if you have any luck.

Here's another great line: "It's difficult to describe precisely how GIB defends." Well, it's also difficult to describe how GIB bids - see diagram below! Why was it my fault? Simply because I knew for a fact that I must have more HCP than my partner. It would rupture all laws of physics for Golgotha to have more than 12 HCP (which is what I had) but I just couldn't help myself and I got exactly what I deserved. Interestingly the robot does have 11 total points which are definitely certainly 20- total points, so at least that bit was right. Here is the link https://tinyurl.com/r73ce6p. (FYI the tiny URL maker is busted - you can make your own at tinyurl.com).
To be completely fair, the robot did give me a 50/50 chance. The contract does make depending on lead, skill and luck - none of which I possess much of.
Posted Image

Non legit hoc

#2 User is offline   FelicityR 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-08, 04:29

The XX is the icing on the cake :) Talk about rubbing salt into the wound.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users