Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wrong Include Lists

#1 User is offline   szemrob2 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-17, 10:33

I am a TD entitled to organize more than one tourney at the same time. I organize tourneys with several include lists for different clubs. As a first step I upload the include list of the club. I get the message from BBO that n entries are replaced by m. After this I enter the tourney. Shortly after this I organize a second tourney for another club. The same procedure, I upload the include list, I get the messsage about the successful upload, then I enter the tourney. It occured for several times, that the wrong include list was assigned to the tourney. For the first time I suspected I had made something wrong, but at the third occasion it cannot be the case.

#2 User is offline   patr1cks 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-March-18, 03:08

The include list script (re)sets the user login (see top of that screen) so you might not be loading the second include list to the user you expect.

#3 User is offline   szemrob2 

• Pip

Posted 2021-March-18, 06:49

View Postpatr1cks, on 2021-March-18, 03:08, said:

The include list script (re)sets the user login (see top of that screen) so you might not be loading the second include list to the user you expect.

I don't think that this is the real cause, because sometimes it works correctly, sometimes not. BBO shows me that the replacement was made and if I am too fast, it hasn't occured yet. If I wait for a while, the replacement will be made correctly.

#4 User is offline   jdempsey52 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-March-19, 06:09

It's probably a timing problem with cached files on your PC and the various servers involved in BBO - a bit like the delays in results getting displayed

#5 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-March-23, 18:37

I am doing the same and do no more face any other problems than those by handling.

1) uploading list A
2) creating tourney (list A will be loaded)
3) uploading list B
4) host is making a small change in tourney for example changing the title or movement
5) list B is loaded in the tourney

Almost the same but different result:
1) uploading list A
2) creating tourney (list A will be loaded) with additional director nicks
3) uploading list B
4) Director (not the host) is making a change in tourney for example changing the title or movement
5) list A is still loaded in the tourney

As long as many persons were using the host nick for directing we had a number of problems. From the moment we added director nicks to the tourney and did no more use the host nick for directing the problems stopped.

#6 User is offline   szemrob2 

• Pip

Posted 2021-March-25, 05:08

View Postscarletv, on 2021-March-23, 18:37, said:

I am doing the same and do no more face any other problems than those by handling.

1) uploading list A
2) creating tourney (list A will be loaded)
3) uploading list B
4) host is making a small change in tourney for example changing the title or movement
5) list B is loaded in the tourney

Almost the same but different result:
1) uploading list A
2) creating tourney (list A will be loaded) with additional director nicks
3) uploading list B
4) Director (not the host) is making a change in tourney for example changing the title or movement
5) list A is still loaded in the tourney

As long as many persons were using the host nick for directing we had a number of problems. From the moment we added director nicks to the tourney and did no more use the host nick for directing the problems stopped.

This is not the same case. In case 1 both list A and list B will be assigned to the tourney, because at the moment of the modification the list B will be added to the tourney (that is list A + list B).
In case 2 the TD does not have a list B on his own computer or his list is identifical with list A and therefore list A remains in effect.

#7 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-March-25, 11:05

When you use the bbo tool you can
1) replace the old with the new list
2) append a new list to the old one
3) remove a list
4) download a list

https://webutil.brid...=web&v3v=5.6.21
When you changed the list with the tool, it is saved at BBO and it makes no difference from which computer you made the changes.

When you are still using the very old client, then things are working different.

Explain a bit more what exactly you are using and doing.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users