BBO Discussion Forums: registered for an ACBL game >> then ineligible - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

registered for an ACBL game >> then ineligible

#1 User is offline   mangurian 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-May-30, 14:32

A very elderly friend registered for an open pairs game. Just before the start, her partner got a msg that she (the partner) was cancelled and got kicked out.
My friend was not kicked off. She had paid for her friend's entry.
She called me in confusion and I told her I would try to get some information. (she has never used a computer, except for BBO).

Any idea what happened?

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-May-31, 03:11

It sounds like one of them was not online or available when the tournament started.

If you send me the details (your friend's username, the tourney she tried to play, or her partner's username) we'll be able to check and let her know exactly what went wrong. Send these to me in a private message and we'll take a look.

#3 User is offline   morecharac 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Cyclothymic dilettantism

Posted 2021-May-31, 23:04

View Postmangurian, on 2021-May-30, 14:32, said:

A very elderly friend registered for an open pairs game. Just before the start, her partner got a msg that she (the partner) was cancelled and got kicked out.
My friend was not kicked off. She had paid for her friend's entry.
She called me in confusion and I told her I would try to get some information. (she has never used a computer, except for BBO).

Any idea what happened?

A month or two ago our TD told us that BBO will sometimes kick off a person who doesn't have sufficient BBO$ for the game in their own account, even if their partner is paying for them.

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-June-01, 01:53

View Postmorecharac, on 2021-May-31, 23:04, said:

A month or two ago our TD told us that BBO will sometimes kick off a person who doesn't have sufficient BBO$ for the game in their own account, even if their partner is paying for them.

This is not correct.

When the TD uses a setting that delays start until all players are available, if someone is not available at start time the TD sees a message saying something to the effect of: Player X in pair X+Y missing, or not enough BB$

This means one of the players is not online, or not enough BB$. Since the partner is paying, it means the missing player is not online (or not in the Competitive server).

#5 User is offline   jdempsey52 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-June-01, 08:09

They same thing happened to one of our players last week.

I am pretty sure that there were 17 pairs registered, +allavail+ was in use and yet the tournament started with 16 pairs. I had a call from the pair that were not seated, but was unable to see why they were excluded.

I did get a message to say that a different pair had a partner missing, but then the missing player logged in and the tournament started.

If there are two or more pairs offline and +allavail+ is in use, do you get a message for each pair?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users