• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guess partner's hand

#21 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-June-28, 05:52

View Postgszes, on 2021-June-28, 05:49, said:

VERY late to the discussion sigh Opener has a very large range even if their hand is only 11 to 14. If we intend to et up a lot of space, with something like a splinter bid, it is almost always best to have at least 2 ways to further define our POWER. The slower we go the stronger we are. Let's say my hand looks like
AKQx xxxx Kxxx x I know I want to get that 1s bid in for a variety of reasons but when p bids 2c I now have to make clear the offensive potential of my hand. I would also stipulate the REASON these weak hands (11 to 14) are jumping around is that we have a perfectly safe 3H bid to show all STRONG (15+) game forcing hands (these could be 3 or 4 card support).

To show my first example hand I would bid 4h over 2c because I am at the bottom of my power range and therefore our slam chances are the least likely.
I would bid 4c to show the same distribution with 13 or 14. This treatment may give our side some extra space needed in case slam is in range and responder is interested.

IMHO It would generally be wrong to use a jump to 4h to show any kind of hand other than a 4441 or 4450 minimum. The use of bidding 3h over 2c as GF allows sufficient space for slam exploration and clarification of strain. FWIW I use my non GF systems as forcing to at least 2N and that opens up a whole lot of extra space at the expense of forcing our side to play in 3h instead of 2h when both opener and responder are minimum for their bidding.

We would raise hearts on absolutely ANY hand with 4 of them (possibly via 2N if big), yes it can be wrong.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users