• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Feedback on some BBO tourneys

#1 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-October-18, 20:24

Hi all

Maybe I am imagining it, and it clearly varies across tournament types. But some are setup as very boring puzzles. Rather than just enjoying Bridge as the fun game it is you end up being forced into trying to second guess some puzzle setter which takes the fun out of it

Its a game. Hands used to feel natural when playing real Bridge

There are people who could actually analyse hands and people's perceptions and how natural they feel versus contrived and engineered to be analysed to death I imagine

It appears to be mainly the big MP tourneys. Wasting so much time trying to find a trick that isn't there

regards P

#2 User is offline   morecharac 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Cyclothymic dilettantism

Posted 2021-October-22, 01:22

View Postthepossum, on 2021-October-18, 20:24, said:

Hi all

Maybe I am imagining it, and it clearly varies across tournament types. But some are setup as very boring puzzles. Rather than just enjoying Bridge as the fun game it is you end up being forced into trying to second guess some puzzle setter which takes the fun out of it

Its a game. Hands used to feel natural when playing real Bridge

There are people who could actually analyse hands and people's perceptions and how natural they feel versus contrived and engineered to be analysed to death I imagine

It appears to be mainly the big MP tourneys. Wasting so much time trying to find a trick that isn't there

Even at the virtual club level this seems to be a problem.

I can often tell from the first round if it's going to be a session of 5% layout after 5% layout. A waste of time and money that sucks the fun out of bridge that has adversely affected my bridge game.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-November-01, 16:14

Other than robot tourneys with the "best hand" option, and "goulash" tournaments, hand dealing is totally random. Nothing is set up as a puzzle.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users