• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advanced+/Expert partner needed

#1 User is offline   H Potter 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-March-28, 18:30

Hi

I am looking for a strong player to form a regular partnership with, to play online and also hopefully F2F (so ideally someone from the UK). I stopped playing bridge in 2009 due to work commitments but have recently taken up the game again (4 months ago). With my regular partner we had some success at national level, my current EBU NGS rating fluctuates between K and AC. I am a long time 2/1 player but my most favoured system is Polish Club. Please reply if interested, cheers.

#2 User is offline   ChrisIrv 

• Pip

Posted 2022-April-07, 10:12

View PostH Potter, on 2022-March-28, 18:30, said:

Hi

I am looking for a strong player to form a regular partnership with, to play online and also hopefully F2F (so ideally someone from the UK). I stopped playing bridge in 2009 due to work commitments but have recently taken up the game again (4 months ago). With my regular partner we had some success at national level, my current EBU NGS rating fluctuates between K and AC. I am a long time 2/1 player but my most favoured system is Polish Club. Please reply if interested, cheers.

Hi,

I too am based in the UK (York), and looking for a regular partner. In my current bridge life I have been playing for five years, having had fifteen years away for work and family commitments. My NGS is currently a Q. I have been playing 2/1 during lockdown with reverse attitude & standard count. I have sent a PM with my email address to your BBO mail.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

#3 User is offline   ChrisIrv 

• Pip

Posted 2022-April-13, 09:15

View PostChrisIrv, on 2022-April-07, 10:12, said:

Hi,

I too am based in the UK (York), and looking for a regular partner. In my current bridge life I have been playing for five years, having had fifteen years away for work and family commitments. My NGS is currently a Q. I have been playing 2/1 during lockdown with reverse attitude & standard count. I have sent a PM with my email address to your BBO mail.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Hi,

I don't know if you received my BBO mail - my email address is irvintiger@yahoo.co.uk. I am not averse to the idea of learning Polish Club either - I have had a look at the Wiki article and it doesn't look too daunting.

Cheers,
Chris

#4 User is offline   EarlPurple 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-June-26, 10:40

Iv'e worked out that on the whole it doesn't really matter what system you play. As long as my partner:

- Plays the cards reasonable competently, and that includes defence.
- Has a reasonable understanding of competitive auctions, showing their suit with shape (regardless of points), supporting with support
- And in particular, does not punish me for competing part-scores by raising my suit until they double.
- nor do they unanimously continue bidding up their own suit having already shown their hand rather than letting their partner decide whether to defend, possibly doubled, or compete on.
You can't keep a good man down

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users