Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for ideas Hybrid teams?

#1 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-April-25, 03:35

Pre-Covid my local bridge ran a popular one-day Congress. We would run a 24-board matchpointed pairs event in the afternoon followed by a 4 x 6-boards Swiss Teams in the evening.We would limit it to 27 tables for the pairs and 26 tables for the teams.

Although 4 x 6-boards may seem a strange format, it is popular in this part of the world.

For the last two years we've run the event on BBO, changing the Swiss teams to 5 x 5-board matches.

Next year we hope to be back playing face-to-face but I was wondering whether to run it as a hybrid congress.

I don't see the pairs as a problem. Traditionally we run the pairs with three sections, so to have an online section is something that would be easy to handle and we'd score across the field.

The teams is more troublesome as you cannot easily mix off- and online. Assuming we had sufficient teams both online and offline, is there a simple way of doing something sensible other than running independent team events?

The club is not going to support an electronic playing environment for the face-to-face play, otherwise it would be trivial.

Thanks

Paul
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users