• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nebulous diamond problem again

#1 User is offline   yunling 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:meteorology

Posted 2022-June-03, 01:15

Maybe I should have passed over the redouble but I think it usually implies a balanced hand
So what should 2C show here and what about should I do now?

#2 User is offline   LBengtsson 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-June-03, 02:02

I have not played a Precision-style system for many years but if you use a false opening (1+) you, and your partner, should expect some difficult choices when contesting part score contracts. The hands look a bit misfit to me, and each side has about an equal number of points I guess. Did you want to defend 1XX? I would not even though you have good honors.

Partner will know that you could have shorter than on this bidding sequence, and yet he has given preference for . I would pass now as the hands may not fit well. You might be in a 3-3/3-2 fit but the opps. do not know this at the point in the bidding. Do not make the situation worse by bidding again. Is there any bid that you can make anyway?

It is not likely that West can X this contract on the bidding as East could not compete over 2 even though his XX showed 'strength'. Your partner would have bid 2 instead 2 here if he had strength with his cards. I guess he has just minimum strength on the bidding for his X. Let West guess whether he can bid again. Now if West bids 2 and the bidding comes to you, I admit I do not know what is the right thing to do if this happens. But see if it happens first.

#3 User is offline   straube 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-June-03, 06:59

You're in a similar position that Meckwell would be based on old notes I have. With 1435 (I've flipped the majors) after 1D-1S, 2C-2D they would pass.

On your actual auction your opponents have given you an extra bid (compared to 1D-1H P) so you could agree what 1N vs Pass means.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users