Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Removed from BBO, not just table Directors don't know how to remove a player

#1 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-April-27, 23:32

Yes, I've noticed this. When I am subbed by a TempBot, I have to log in again, losing any chat. Can this be fixed?

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted Yesterday, 14:50

I think you've got this backwards. The directors replace you with a sub because you got disconnected, they don't usually (and most can't -- only yellows have this privilege) kick you out of BBO.

When you get booted back to the login screen you can't tell whether a yellow booted you or it's because of a problem with the connection. But usually it's the latter.

#3 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted Yesterday, 15:07

View Postbarmar, on 2024-April-28, 14:50, said:

I think you've got this backwards. The directors replace you with a sub because you got disconnected, they don't usually (and most can't -- only yellows have this privilege) kick you out of BBO.

When you get booted back to the login screen you can't tell whether a yellow booted you or it's because of a problem with the connection. But usually it's the latter.

Nope, it's likely still the same bug that has been unresolved since last time: https://www.bridgeba...ooted-from-bbo/

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted Yesterday, 15:15

Players generally call the TD when they've been waiting a while for the player to play, and they don't respond to chat. The reason they're not playing is that they got disconnected. The TD is also notified automatically if BBO disconnects a player because it detects a connection failure; the other players see "(Reserved)" after the name and it's on a red background.

There is a problem where disconnected players don't always get sent back to the login screen, so they don't realize they've been disconnected. From their perspective, the other players are the slowpokes. It's not clear how this happens, since both the server and client send heartbeats, and should notice when they don't receive the expected messages.

When I'm playing with a friend I send them a text message letting them know they're disconnected in case they can't tell.

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted Yesterday, 15:21

View Postbarmar, on 2024-April-28, 15:15, said:

There is a problem where disconnected players don't always get sent back to the login screen, so they don't realize they've been disconnected. From their perspective, the other players are the slowpokes. It's not clear how this happens, since both the server and client send heartbeats, and should notice when they don't receive the expected messages.

When I'm playing with a friend I send them a text message letting them know they're disconnected in case they can't tell.

Glad to see that you finally acknowledge this, which I have frequently pointed out as evidence that the heartbeat you claim exists is not effective.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users