Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Self-kibitzing Self-kibitzing

#1 User is offline   Butchie T 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-May-09, 05:48

Over the past several months, I've notice a "friended" player log into BBO several times during a game. He is tech savvy so I don't think it is a tech issue and we are in the same general weather area so I don't think it is a storm interference issue. Am I tilting at windmills or is something else afoot here, like self-kibitzing, which was a problem a few years back?

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-May-09, 06:10

One explanation may be that he looks at other browser tabs during pauses in a tournament, BBO tends to drop the session even though the user is still there.
I've had this happen to me several times and have never kibbitzed anyone, let alone myself :)

#3 User is offline   wuudturner 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2024-May-12, 04:33

I live an hours drive from anywhere. Internet connections are not always as perfect as you think. Mine just drops out at times. Quickly log back in, no problem. Once a few weeks ago, I had to reboot the router. Then I got a phone call wondering where I was, just as it was coming up. Luckily, we play with patient friends.

My partner usually has hers drop out several times in a game. Then she logs back in. Strangely for her, when that happens, the claim button on BBO disappears for her. How do I know my partner is not self kibbing? Well, if you looked in on how our game went the other week, that would not be a question. :(

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users