• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2009-June-26, 07:38

hi, what do I do to connect via proxy?. thank you

#2 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2009-June-30, 12:37

BBO uses a persistent connection in a secondary port (9999 for Windows, 3336 for Flash). You have to be able to see ports in the BBO servers.

If you are behind a firewall you'll need to poke it.

Typo: those = to see.

#3 User is offline   WrecksVee 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2009-August-27, 10:47

Gerardo, on Jun 30 2009, 01:37 PM, said:

BBO uses a persistent connection in a secondary port (9999 for Windows, 3336 for Flash). You have to be able those ports in the BBO servers.

If you are behind a firewall you'll need to poke it.

Can this be elaborated for the non-technical? I find this response meaningless. :)
"A stopper is neither weak nor strong but thinking makes it so." H. Kelsey

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2009-August-27, 17:43

If you use the Windows app, you need to allow port 9999 through your firewall. If you use the browser-based client, you need to allow port 3336 through.

#5 User is offline   fujit su 

• Pip

Posted 2011-August-14, 10:24

Hi,

I have been trying to connect BBO from intranet. But it does not permit me to log on. There is no admininstrator checking the ports. Do you know how to enable port 9999 ? I can not find anyway to play bridge. Even, the web site of bridgebase does not allow me to log in.

#6 User is offline   Jacki 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Guests

Posted 2011-August-14, 10:48

View Postfujit su, on 2011-August-14, 10:24, said:

Hi,

I have been trying to connect BBO from intranet. But it does not permit me to log on. There is no admininstrator checking the ports. Do you know how to enable port 9999 ? I can not find anyway to play bridge. Even, the web site of bridgebase does not allow me to log in.

We'll need more information to help you with this. If you can help us by sending an email to support@bridgebase.com and add a cc to jacki@bridgebase.com, we'll be able to get you up to speed. In your email please include the type of machine you use (PC or MAC) what browser you're using and any anti-virus software you have installed. Also let us know of any error messages you receive when trying to log on. Once we have this information we'll be able to help more.

Jacki :)

#7 User is offline   fujit su 

• Pip

Posted 2011-August-14, 11:34

View PostJacki, on 2011-August-14, 10:48, said:

We'll need more information to help you with this. If you can help us by sending an email to support@bridgebase.com and add a cc to jacki@bridgebase.com, we'll be able to get you up to speed. In your email please include the type of machine you use (PC or MAC) what browser you're using and any anti-virus software you have installed. Also let us know of any error messages you receive when trying to log on. Once we have this information we'll be able to help more.

Jacki :)

Hi Jacki,

It is interesting that I just modified bboover.ini file. I changed the line of bbo.bridgabesa.com with sat.bridgebase.com and it is working now. If I get any problem again, i will send you an email. Thanks for your attention. Have a nice day.

:)

#8 User is offline   DaveRolyat 

• PipPip

Posted 2019-March-26, 06:47

The new HTML5 version works from behind our firewall/proxy now, thanks!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users