Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Convention Card

#1 User is offline   dude_30504 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2012-December-31, 17:10

I'm obviously missing something (or many things) about posting my convention card on BBO. I've captured my partner's and my ACBL card with modifications, put our BBO names on it, and when we log in, the chat area says our card is being used. But the opponents can never see our explanations.

Do the convention cards only display with the new software? I'm using the old download because I prefer the looks of it. Are there any posts with explicite instructions on how to get the cards to display for the opponents viewing?

I've spent hours, literally, trying to get the card to work. Please help.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-January-01, 07:26

Your CC is an ACBL convention card. Only Full Disclosure convention cards display explanations automatically.

#3 User is offline   E Laurvick 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-January-18, 00:53

I have a problem with the 2/1 convention card. In several places, the line for description/explanation/clarification is quite long, but I can only type in 8 or 10 characters. Not only a waste of space, but no full explanation is possible, even with abbreviations. I really feel better if my opponents know our full understandings, but questions take too long and they don't see it.

A good example is under NOTRUMP OPENING BIDS
My favorite partner and I play System on over Doubles and any bid at the two level.
All I can type in is "2 level" and this is misleading! Just "Dbl" is also misleading.

Why can't this space be freed up for us to use?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users