Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3-way bidding puzzle

#1 User is offline   albatroc 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-December-13, 13:12

http://tinyurl.com/l28wfhl - A quite informative first round of bids and still - what rebid? Chances for a game seem a bit scarce after pd's pass. On second thought, bidding 2D appears not well justified (doesn't show strength limit, 4 cards only), DBL - as if more suitable (Axx hearts, however I was sort of not willing to play 2Cx with my holdings, despite favourable vuln), the six semi-solid spades are deserving at least a single raise. In conclusion, the score -7.8 IMP was well below BBO-average - not sure making game is a real benchmark, though. What continuation would you suggest?

#2 User is offline   wyman 

• Redoubling with gusto
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Math, Bridge, Beer. Often at the same time.

Posted 2013-December-13, 13:25

Hands this strong have to start with a dbl imo.

If partner passes over 1S but checks out 2Cx (which should almost never happen), he has like 6 clubs to the QJ, and we've found a great spot, especially at these colors.
"I think maybe so and so was caught cheating but maybe I don't have the names right". Sure, and I think maybe your mother .... Oh yeah, that was someone else maybe. -- kenberg

"...we live off being battle-scarred veterans who manage to hate our opponents slightly more than we hate each other.” -- Hamman, re: Wolff

#3 User is offline   HighLow21 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-December-13, 16:48

Why is game unlikely when you have an independent spade suit and 4 losers? All partner needs is one of the following for you to have a good shot at game:
A. Kx(x)
B. K or QJ to any length
C. Q to any length
D. A or KQ , especially on a club lead.

Literally any of these makes game likely.

In terms of the rebid -- do you really want to languish in a diamond part score or play in 5?

My rebid is double if it suits your partnership, otherwise 3.
There is a big difference between a good decision and a good result. Let's keep our posts about good decisions rather than "gotcha" results!

#4 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-December-15, 09:28

ineresting defence on 2X, on second diamond partner will signal low for hearts, and even if you play A, you have the timing to score 2 ruffs for 2, 3, 2, 1. If the low heart switch is found 1 more trick can be taken in clubs if declarer missguesses for +1100. I might try to upload it to my webpage.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users