• You cannot reply to this topic

Preempts again

#1 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Crystal Palace

Posted 2015-January-12, 16:35

edited to use hand diagram sorry for not using it before
"definitely that's what I like to play when I'm playing standard - I want to be able to bid diamonds because bidding good suits is important in bridge" - Meckstroth's opinion on weak 2 diamond

#2 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-12, 16:36

Deleted.

I see now RHO preempted 5
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#3 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2015-January-12, 17:00

View Posteagles123, on 2015-January-12, 16:35, said:

Kx
Kqjxxx
Xx
Xxx

White white mp

1c from p could be short 5d

Thanks

Eagles

please consider using the hand generator, even if you have to make up the spot cards. That allows for a far easier read, and you can set the vulnerability, the dealer, and the auction very, very easily. Try it a couple of times and you'll find it easier than what you are doing. Plus it avoids Kqjxx or Xxx issues, that make reading the post more difficult than it need be:)

As for the problem, it is a clear pass. Let partner reopen, if he can, and now you can bid 5 with some degree of confidence. Of course, one has to learn to make these passes in tempo, bearing in mind that one should ALWAYS appear to be thinking about the hand for about 10 seconds, after the pre-empt, no matter what one has decided to do and no matter how clear that is.

If you're not sure about where to find the generator, at least on my screen it appears at the far right of the menu bar that allows for Bold or Italic, etc and has a spade symbol...actually it seems to be called Hand Editor.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#4 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-12, 17:06

Mike I've made hundreds of hands using hand generator????

On phone at moment

Hardly a complex auction and I give vul and form of scoring
"definitely that's what I like to play when I'm playing standard - I want to be able to bid diamonds because bidding good suits is important in bridge" - Meckstroth's opinion on weak 2 diamond

#5 User is offline   neilkaz 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Backgammon, Bridge, Hockey

Posted 2015-January-12, 17:26

View Posteagles123, on 2015-January-12, 17:06, said:

On phone at moment

When I read the first post in this thread I had little idea what was going on until I read the replies.

How about "PD opens 1C (could be short), RHO overcalls 5D"?

OK I pass now.

#6 User is offline   mikeh 

• Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2015-January-12, 18:24

View Posteagles123, on 2015-January-12, 17:06, said:

On phone at moment

sorry:(

I didn't meant to insult you. I don't generally pay much attention to who posts a problem, since I usually try to answer the post on its merits, and the identity of the OP is irrelevant to that.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

#7 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-12, 18:29

No it's my fault I should've just waited to get home and put it in a easier to read format, have edited it now :)

#8 User is offline   whereagles 

• Interests:Everything!

Posted 2015-January-12, 19:50

The editor is very nice and complete. Unfortunately it is a bit cumbersome to use, especially if you want to reuse a previous one to, say, show the full hand. Retyping is necessary and that sucks :)

As to the problem, the rule is not to get jerked around. If pard has more than a min he will balance anyway and THEN you might have a problem. Right now, just pass.

#9 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-12, 20:17

View Posteagles123, on 2015-January-12, 18:29, said:

No it's my fault I should've just waited to get home and put it in a easier to read format, have edited it now :)

I was gonna reply the same Mike did but when I saw Xxx i knew it was from Iphone, Posted Image
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#10 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 06:28

ok well I did pass and I believe in reasonable tempo

full hand - I know spots have changed, I have the accurate hand now

5d - 1 was 6/30
5dx - 1 was 12/30
5h - 1 was 2/30

I guess we were just fixed?

#11 User is offline   whereagles 

• Interests:Everything!

Posted 2015-January-13, 07:42

If everybody is sellin' out to 4 you can't do much more than calling them WIMPS :D

#12 User is offline   kuhchung 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-January-13, 11:08

Wow, nobody went off 2?
Videos of the worst bridge player ever playing bridge:
https://www.youtube....hungPlaysBridge

#13 User is offline   broze 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-January-13, 22:13

Clear pass.

It's not what I would call "fixed" though, which is where the opponents do something dumb/offbeat and get a good board out of it. Looks like your opps earned their 24 MPs with the 5D bid. Don't get me started on some of the fixes I've had at my local club!
'In an infinite universe, the one thing sentient life cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.' - Douglas Adams

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

11 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users